I cooked up an absolute gem of a dish yesterday inspired by the state where I hail from, Kerala.
This ‘Kerala Style Prawn Roast’ is quite common, but I did not go by the book to complete this. I changed a few things around and made this my own version.
1. Puree 1 onion, half a tomato and 4-5 green chillis in a blender with some salt and keep aside.
2. Heat a pan with Olive Oil (Coconut Oil if you want to stay true to the dish) and add some ginger garlic paste to temper the oil.
3. Add the pureed contents into the mix and on medium heat stir every few seconds.
4. Add 2 tbsp of Chilli Powder, Half Turmeric Powder, Garam Masala and some pepper into the puree. It is important to keep stirring this mix to keep it from sticking to the pan. Add a little water to help the powder mix in with the puree and continue for another 5 minutes.
5. Add 200-300 ml of coconut milk and a handful of freshly grated coconut. Now comes the tough part of stirring this mix continuously till it thickens to form a paste like texture.
6. Add a tbsp of Coconut Oil and some curry leaves and add your freshly peeled and cleaned Prawns. Stir well and cover on low heat for another 5-6 minutes. If you would like to reduce the gravy a bit further continue stirring.
Say hello to @foodwithshayne version of ‘Kerala Style Prawn Roast’. Quarantine Cooking done right!