Now that we are in a state of semi lockdown thanks to Covid-19 rearing it’s ugly head again, it’s back to the kitchen for Instagram wannabe chefs like me to experiment with cooking. I decided to try my hand at preparing ‘Chicken Ginger Masala’, a recipe I found on a packet of Mehran’s masala.
The recipe is quite simple and the ingredients are as below.
- Fresh Chicken (Boneless preferred) – 750gm – 1kg.
- Onion – 1 small (Finely chopped)
- Tomato – 2 medium or 1 large (Finely chopped)
- Ginger Julienne – 1/4 cup
- Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Yogurt – 1/2 cup
- Green Chilli – 2 to 3 pcs
- Green Coriander – 1 tbsp
- Butter (Melted – 2 tbsp)
- Vinegar – 1tbsp
- Oil / Ghee – 1/2 cup or less (Based on preference)
- Mehran Chicken Ginger Masala – 1 packet 50g.
- Marinate chicken with ‘Mehran Chicken Ginger Masala’ , Mehran Ginger Paste, yogurt & vinegar. Mix well and keep aside for 30-45 mins.
- Heat oil, fry onion until it becomes transparent, add tomatoes and fry well. Now add the marinated chicken and fry for 4-5 minutes and add 1/2 cup of water. Cover and cook on medium heat until the meat becomes tender.
- Add the ginger, green chilli and butter and cook for another 4-5 minutes and remove from heat.
- You can add a bit of lime juice to enhance the flavour but be careful how much you add.
- Garnish with green chilli, green coriander, ginger and serve with basmati rice, naan or chapati.